Saturday, December 27, 2008

No More Drinking.

Very well, it has come to this.

I am a level 1 Cicerone. That's a Beer Expert if you must know.
I am studying to be a certified Beer Judge.
I work at a Liquor store, where I know more about beer than the rest of the employees.

I have been drinking for over ten years. I have tried more beers than anyone else I know. I made it a goal in life to try and drink a beer from every country that produces a beer.

I know beer. I know wine. Just today I was asked a question about wine, and won a free Wine Tasting Tour.

I know beer. I know wine. I know Scotch. I know Irish Whiskey. I know Tequila. I have worked as an expert for all of these.

With the exception of New Years' Eve, I shall no longer drink until I have lost my beer gut and gotten myself back into shape.

My dear Friend is in a similar boat. She works in a Wine Store, and she drinks as often as I do, i.e. daily. She needs to cut back, I need to cut back, we both need to get our respective arses back into shape.

So this is a joint venture. No more Drinking.

And we're not waiting until any New Year's bullshit. No Resolutions. New Years' Resolutions FAIL.

We do not.

2 comments:

The Cat's Py-jams! said...

Thanks for being such a kickass friend. We are gonna rock the swimsuits just in time for spring break! And hopefully we will have instilled some good habits in with our bad ones so we don't come out of it looking like Carson Daly and Tara freakin Reid!

Chaos Lee said...

And I'll be sure to properly harass you everytime you start getting shaky and wanting to kill from lack of drink.